Spiga

Chelsea Sign Deco

"Chelsea Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Deco from FC Barcelona.The Portuguese midfielder becomes our first signing under Luiz Felipe Scolari since the Brazilian's appointment as manager on June 11" is the statement from official site.

"I am sure I have come at the right time to do great things and be able to help Chelsea go back to the way it was and come back to being the first one, not only in England but also to win the Champions League that has been their dream for so long.The Premier League is a great league and it is getting better and you can see that with the Champions League Final, where you had two English teams.It is great that we have so many great players here at Chelsea and it is great that there is the competition which is healthy for everybody and this just makes the team better To have great players in any position of the club just enhances the club.I know it is a new challenge but I am looking forward to it. I know I need a little bit of time to adapt bit but I am sure I will adapt quite well and quite fast and do my best for the team.", informed Deco.

So finally the expected transfer has happened. What this means will be that Lampard will most probably be leaving for Inter. Deco is reported to have signed for a transfer fee of 8million for a period of 2 years. Deco will suit Scolari's games style and will definitely be an asset to the strong midfiled.But what the Blue fans will not want is the departure of super Frank, which seems inevitable now. Portuguese seems to be the flavor of Stamford Bridge nowadays. Anyway, Good Luck Ánderson Luís de Souza aka Deco.

2 comments:

  Monica 08

2 July 2008 at 10:05

Finally no more rumors on Deco's future. I thought he would be going to Inter. Portuguese count- 3 Ferreira, Carvalho, Hilario. Now 5 with Bosingwa and Deco.

By the way, I just added your blog to my Technorati favorites.

  A

2 July 2008 at 13:45

Thanks for adding Monica.